Sunday, August 26, 2007

Choosing the Theme


After choosing a palette of colors and an overall look or design as a foundation - it was time to think about theme (which probably should have been the first thing I thought of...but not how my mind was working with this event thus far). I, again, wanted to steer clear of traditional baby shower motifs, but still wanted something darling. The blue I had chosen for the invite closely resembled a robin's egg blue and the chocolate brown a bird's nest and with Martha's inspiration the two melded together! Later the theme somehow took a turn towards the oh so clever them of "the birds and the bees"...I think the inspiration for that came from a trip to Hobby Lobby in which I found little decoration birds next to some little decorative bees...but we will save that story for another post.


Pictured to the left: Martha Stewart's Bird Nest Wedding Favors

No comments: